NMAT exam scores are accepted by 12 leading Indian institutions for admission into their graduate management programs
July 7, 2015, New Delhi—The Graduate Management Admission Council®, governing body of the NMAT by GMACTM exam, commenced its registration process for the NMATTM exam on July 2, 2015. Registration for the exam will close on October 5, 2015. Candidates can register for the exam online at www.nmat.org.in.
The exam is scheduled to take place starting October 6 and will continue through December 19, 2015, at 27 centres in 18 locations across India.
The NMAT exam is computer-delivered and gives each candidate a randomly generated test from a pool of questions, provided one-at-a-time. The NMAT exam has three sections – Language Skills, Quantitative Skills, and Logical Reasoning. All three sections of the NMAT are individually timed and test takers must answer questions and review answers to each section within the allotted time of 120 minutes.
Advantages of taking the NMAT exam are:
- Long testing window: 75-day testing window allows candidates to choose convenient test dates.
- Choosing the section order: A candidate can choose the order in which he/she would like to respond to each of the sections on the test.
- No negative marking: Candidates can make an informed guess instead of skipping a question without the fear of a penalty for a wrong answer.
- Taking the test multiple times: A candidate can take the NMAT three times in a given admissions cycle. This gives candidates the confidence of having more than a single opportunity to perform their very best.
- Self-scheduling: Candidates can choose test appointment date, time, and location in real-time based on the availability of seats at each test centre.
- Register for the NMAT exam from your mobile: Candidates can register anytime and anywhere.
- 27 testing locations: Candidates can choose from 27 conveniently located testing centers in 18 cities.
- Sending scores to up to seven programmes for free: Candidates can select the list of programmes they want to send their scores to before OR after taking the exam. Up to seven programmes are included in the registration fee.
- Applying to business schools after reviewing results: Candidates may view their results and then decide to apply to business school or retake the test depending on their comfort with their results.
Commenting on the announcement, Vikram Shah, Associate Director, Market Development, South Asia for GMAC said, “We are happy to announce commencement of the registration for the NMAT by GMAC exam this year. With this step, we intend to continue with our mission of connecting talent and aspiration with opportunity. Along with NMIMS University, we have 11 more universities/institutions accepting NMAT scores starting this year and this will help candidates with more choices to pursue their career in graduate management education in India.”
Dr. Rajan Saxena, Vice Chancellor, NMIMS University, said, “The NMAT exam has been a student friendly test and all the features have been devised with the same intent. Our association with GMAC has helped us move one step ahead by widening our reach to a larger candidate base. We are hopeful of benefiting from GMAC’s expertise in the field by making the test an equitable platform for candidates aspiring to pursue management education.”
Test scores are now accepted by NMIMS University, Alliance University, SRM University, BML Munjal University, VIT University, ICFAI University, Ansal University, Mody University, NIIT University, Thapar University, Shoolini University, and Woxsen School of Business for their graduate management programs.
About NMAT by GMAC™
The NMATTM exam is now owned by the Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®), makers of the GMAT® exam and has been rebranded the NMAT by GMAC™ exam. The NMAT™ is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Private limited (GMGC), a subsidiary of Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).
Ragini Sabharwal / Eisha Sharma
9891513633 / 9810306894