The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) has admitted 12 new members, representing eight countries.
MCLEAN, Va., June 25 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) has admitted 12 new members, representing eight countries. The new schools bring the total number of GMAC member schools to 177 from 19countries.
Founded by a group of business school deans in 1954, GMAC is a nonprofit education organization composed of leading graduate business schools around the world and dedicated to creating access to and advancing graduate management education. GMAC also owns and administers the GMAT exam, which is used as part of the admissions process at more than 4,600 graduate management education programs in almost 2,000 business schools.
"We are pleased to welcome these new member schools to our ranks," said David A. Wilson, GMAC president and CEO. "They are at the forefront of graduate management education around the world, upholding the high standards of excellence and integrity that are a hallmark of membership in the Council."
The new member schools include:
- Antai College of Economics & Management, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Cass Business School, City University, London, U.K.
- EMLYON Business School, France
- Fudan University School of Management, China
- Guanghua School of Management, Peking University, China
- IE Business School (Spain)
- Instituto Panamericano de Alta Direccion de Empresa (IPADE), Mexico
- London School of Economics and Political Science, U.K.
- Odette School of Business, University of Windsor, Canada
- St. Petersburg State University Graduate School of Management, Russia
- University of Toledo College of Business Administration, U.S.
- Willamette University, Atkinson Graduate School of Management, U.S.
The Graduate Management Admission Council (www.gmac.com) is based in McLean, Virginia, and has a European office in London. More information about the GMAT, which is the only standardized test designed expressly for graduate business and management programs worldwide, is available at www.mba.com.
SOURCE: Graduate Management Admission Council
Web site: http://www.gmac.com/