Find military personnel with leadership skills that will benefit your program.
The military represents a large market of highly skilled candidates for you to reach.
Of the more than 200,000 career officers leaving their branches of the US armed forces, many have exceptional leadership and team-building skills that would fit well with the strategic and analytical education that schools like yours provide.
Tips for Recruiting US Military Candidates
- Market to US Military Candidates on mba.com: Promote your school and military targeted events on mba.com to recruit US military personnel. The website features a dedicated section for US military candidates where they can view our MBA Planner for US Military Personnel and hear members of the military and recent veterans share their experiences.
- Join mba.com's List of US Military Friendly Schools: Use our free service to promote your program to thousands of GMAT candidates.
- Showcase Your Students: Nominate students to feature on mba.com in our exclusive section for US military candidates.
- Design a Program: Create a new graduate management program to meet the needs of career military candidates.
- Tap Your Military Alumni Pool: Use your recent military alumni to attract current personnel, individuals who are planning to leave military service, or veterans.
Requirements for Military-Friendly Designation on mba.com
The listing is free, but your school must accept the following four conditions for participation (subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and university regulations):
- Waive your application fee for any military personnel who have been on active duty within three years prior to applying.
- Commit to making financial aid available to qualified military personnel who have transitioned from the service in the two years prior to enrolling in your program. The amount of aid you offer would be based on the same considerations you use to make awards to applicants from the civilian population.
- Provide a one-year deferment if an admitted military student’s plans are delayed by their service branch.
- Connect GMAC to one graduate or current student with military background for an interview to be published on www.mba.com/military.