The following guidelines apply to all proposals submitted for the MERInstitute Grants Program.
Please include a title sheet with the following information for each proposal:
- Title of the Research Proposal
- Investigator(s) Name
- Investigator(s) Title
- Investigator(s) Institution
- Address, City, State, Zip/Post Code, Country
- Telephone, Fax, Email Address
If applicable, also include the grant office contact information for the investigator(s).
Proposals should be no more than 2,000 words and should include the following information:
- Abstract or Summary
- Study Rationale and Objectives (Note: In the event that applicant’s proposal is accepted, applicant understands that he or she may not alter or modify the primary hypothesis or objective without the MERInstitute’s written consent.)
- Methods and Procedures for Conducting Study
(If requesting GMAC® data, include description of specific data sets needed.)
- Study Outcomes, Timelines, and Budget (If applicable, indicate any matching funds committed from other funding sources.)
- Additionally, the following must be submitted separately with the application:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume
- Name and contact information for two references
- Confirmation from department head that researcher can use the amount of time they propose to use, plus a statement of how much time the lead investigator will dedicate to the project
Evaluation criteria will include importance of proposed topic, clarity of hypothesis or objective, strength of methodology and proposed statistical analysis, likelihood of interest by a professional journal or conference, and relevant experience and research record of applicant.
Selection of grant awardees is based on the following factors:
- Project fit with GMAC® and the MERInstitute’s mission and research agenda
- Significance and potential of project making an important contribution to the management education industry
- Candidate record of achievement and/or leadership potential
- Quality of project design and feasibility of timetable and budget
- Outcome potential (i.e., books, reports, articles for professional journals or conferences)
*Only proposals whose objectives include the submission of manuscript(s) to refereed professional journals or conferences will be considered.
How to Apply
Submit complete proposals electronically to email@example.com. Contact Sabeen Syed at +1-703-668-9751 with any questions regarding the application or submission process. The MERInstitute reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal in its sole discretion.