Senior Graduate Business Student Recruitment Specialist
University of Missouri - Columbia
Robert J. Trulaske, Sr. College of Business
Graduate Programs Office
Senior Graduate Business Student Recruitment Specialist
Director of Graduate Admissions
The Robert J. Trulaske, Sr. College of Business, Graduate Programs Office, seeks a Sr. Graduate Student Recruitment Specialist who enjoys working both independently and in concert with a team to support graduate student enrollment and provide admissions application support to MBA, MS and Graduate Certificate students and faculty. Reporting to the Director of Admissions for Graduate Programs, the Sr. Graduate Student Recruitment Specialist enhances and maintains effective communication and relationships with graduate applicants to the Trulaske College of Business (TCoB) and MU and college professional organizations. This position is part of a larger graduate programs student support services team working together to provide the best customer service necessary to build and maintain strong relations with applicants, students and both internal and external customers. The Sr. Graduate Student Recruitment Specialist will work closely and accurately within established guidelines of the unit, enrollment objectives and scholarship budgets. This position uses independent judgment, attention to detail and adaptability in accomplishing primary responsibilities such as reviewing and qualifying graduate business applications for admissibility and make recommendations for invitations to interview; creating application activity reports; effectuating Admission Committee decisions admission and scholarship; coordinating admissions events and operational support; scheduling and interviewing prospective students; assisting with proof-reading of print or digital collateral material; and assisting with website content management. In addition, this position will have the opportunity to continuously evaluate our workflow processes for efficiency and effectiveness in order to provide guidance and suggestions on improvements.
- Works as a team with other recruitment and admission staff to collectively interface with potential students through the selection and admission process of business masters programs. (Full-time MBA Crosby, Executive MBA, MS-Finance, Online Masters of Accountancy and MS-Business Graduate Certificates.)
- Maintains all activity on prospective student contacts; application progress using an applicant management system and qualifies prospective students through program enrollment requirements and admissions. (Slate, SalesForce, PeopleSoft)
- Provides superior customer service to a wide variety of constituents including prospective students, corporate partners, current and potential donors, faculty, staff, students and the general public. Develops and generates student leads for master’s programs through various venues; face to face, phone, online and on and off campus events, as well as providing counseling on program benefits.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of all Trulaske graduate programs and understands the given requirements to evaluate all application components in order to render an admission decision and/or scholarship award
- Coordinates and/or assists in creating internal and external communications to new student leads, prospective students and admitted students; and resolves any problems as needed.
- Assists in developing and utilizing scholarship and Graduate Assistantship reports
- Serves as backup to Academic Advisor and Career Services Manager to review and assist students with areas of professional development, such as, resume review, mock interviews, and cover letters.
- Assists in management of schedule of Director of Admissions for Graduate Programs and for both Graduate Admissions and Recruitment Managers including: admission committee meetings, reserving space for recruitment events, registering for career fairs and other recruitment events.
-Provides front desk coverage and office operational support in collaboration with the Office Support Assistant, such as welcoming walk-in traffic, answering the main office telephone and answering or routing email from the general department in-box.
- Develops and utilizes job placement reports
- Participates in weekly staff meetings and serves on committees as directed
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 1 year of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
Salary Range: $16.92 - $23.80 per hour
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.