The following guidelines apply to all proposals submitted for the MERInstitute Affiliated Research Program.
Please include a title sheet with the following information for each proposal:
- Title of the Research Proposal
- Investigator(s) Name
- Investigator(s) Title
- Investigator(s) Institution
- Address, City, State, Zip/Post Code, Country
- Telephone, Fax, Email Address
Proposals should be no more than 1,500 words and should include the following information:
- Abstract or Summary
- Study Rationale and Objectives (Note: In the event that applicant’s proposal is accepted, applicant understands that he or she may not alter or modify the primary hypothesis or objective without the MERInstitute’s written consent.)
- Methods and Procedures for Conducting Study (Please include description of specific data sets needed.)
- Study Outcomes, Timelines, and Budget
- Additionally, the following must be submitted separately with the application:
- Current curriculum vitae or resume
- Confirmation from department head that researcher can use the amount of time they propose to use, plus a statement of how much time the lead investigator will dedicate to the project
Evaluation criteria will include importance of proposed topic, clarity of hypothesis or objective, strength of methodology and proposed statistical analysis, likelihood of interest by a professional journal or conference, and relevant experience and research record of applicant.
* Only proposals whose objectives include the submission of manuscript(s) to refereed professional journals or conferences will be considered.
How to Apply
Proposals for the Affiliated Research Program may be submitted at any time. Decisions are made within 30 business days of receiving a completed application.
Submit complete proposals electronically to email@example.com. Contact Sabeen Syed at +1(703) 668-9751 with any questions regarding the application or submission process. The MERInstitute reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal in its sole discretion.