The research study undertaken between June and September 2015 by GMAC in partnership with globalsojourn was designed with specific research objectives of gaining insights into underrepresented US populations and their level of engagement with GME, as follows:
- URP perceptions of business careers vs other career choices,
- Consideration of GME relative to education and work experience,
- Key motivators to pursue GME,
- Factors influencing choice of program formats,
- Barriers to pursuing GME, and
- Key influencers.
The study consisted of two phases: a qualitative research sample consisting of 84 online individual in-depth interviews and a quantitative online survey with a total of 1,216 respondents who represented URP populations of different educational levels and diverse ethnic and racial groups. The report presents recommendations to assist graduate business schools in their efforts to improve the attraction to GME among these candidate segments.