Globally, more than 1.2 million Graduate Management Admission Test® (GMAT®) exams have been taken over the past five years by individuals interested in pursuing graduate management education. The GMAT exam is an important part of the admissions process for more than 6,100 graduate management programs worldwide. A total of 243,529 GMAT exams were taken by prospective business school students around the world in testing year 2014 (TY2014), which ran from July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014. These examinees sent a total of 687,976 score reports to graduate-level management programs across the globe.
This report summarizes five-year global GMAT testing trends for TY 2010 through TY 2014, and includes:
- GMAT exams taken by citizenship,
- GMAT exams taken by gender,
- Mean age of GMAT examinees,
- Mean GMAT Total scores, and
- GMAT score-sending breakdowns by program type (MBA, non-MBA master’s, and doctoral/other), TY 2014.
Mean GMAT Total score and mean age of examinees are provided for groups with five or more exams taken and 10 or more score reports sent.