NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ENTRY INTO THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES. VOID OUTSIDE OF INDIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. BINDING AGREEMENT. These Official Rules (“Rules”) will provide you with the information you need to successfully enter the 2023 NMAT by GMAC Research Survey Random Draw Promotion (“Promotion”). These Rules form a binding contract between Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Pvt. Ltd., and you as an entrant into the Promotion. By entering the Promotion or otherwise participating in the activities on the Promotion website, you agree to be bound by these Rules. If you breach a provision of these Rules, you will forfeit your entry into the Promotion. All decisions of Sponsor (defined below) on all matters pertaining to the Promotion are final and binding. If you have questions, please contact Sponsor at email@example.com.
2. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible to enter the Promotion and/or receive a prize, as of the beginning of the Term (defined below), you must: (i) be above the age of majority in your place of residence; (ii) have a valid email address and Internet access; and (iii) submit an entry as described below. Residents outside of India are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Employees, officers, and directors of Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Pvt. Ltd. affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries, and agencies, and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, and spouses of each, regardless of where they live) and those living in the households of such employees, officers, and directors (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion or win a prize. VOID OUTSIDE OF INDIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, national, state/provincial, and local laws and regulations, including applicable economic sanctions and other international trade regulations.
3. TERM. The Promotion will begin at 12:01 AM Indian standard time IST on 10 April 2023, and end at 11:59 PM IST on 30 April 2023 (the “Term”). Sponsor’s computer, or that of its designee, shall serve as the official timekeeper for the Promotion. Participants are responsible for determining appropriate start and end times in their local time zone.
4. SPONSOR. Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Private Limited, Suite 303, Sun City Business Tower, Golf Course Road, Sector 54, Gurgaon, India 122 002 India, is the sponsor of the Promotion (“Sponsor” or “GMGC”).
5. TO ENTER TO WIN. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER TO WIN. To enter the Promotion during the Term, you must submit your entry as follows:
(1) You must be eligible to participate in the 2023 NMAT by GMAC Research Survey Random Draw Promotion meaning that you previously signed up to take the NMAT by GMAC exam, but ended up not taking the exam and received the promotional email.; AND
(2) Complete the entire NMAT by GMAC research survey by 11:59PM on 30th April 2023. Provide your name and email address so that Sponsor may contact you regarding the Promotion. Providing this information constitutes affirmative consent to the Official Rules.
LIMIT: Entry to this Promotion is limited to one (1) entry per person. All entries discovered to have been submitted by the same individual will be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified; (ii) failed, partial, or garbled computer transmissions; (iii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any network, hardware, or software; or (iv) any error, technical or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry not in compliance with these Rules.
In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A selected entrant may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry.
6. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS. By participating in the Promotion and submitting your Promotion entry, you agree to communicate for the purposes of this Promotion with Sponsor electronically. By agreeing to do business electronically, you: (i) agree that your consent to these Rules is a binding form of your electronic signature, which you agree binds you to these Rules; (ii) represent that you have Internet access and a valid email address enabling you access to the Promotion website and to receive communications and documents electronically; and (iii) represent that you have a printer or other device to print or otherwise save communications and documents, including, without limitation, these Rules, and that you have, in fact, printed or otherwise saved a copy of these Rules for your records. This consent is effective unless and until you withdraw it. You may withdraw your consent to electronic communication and delivery of documents, update your contact information, or request a free paper copy of these Rules at any time by contacting Sponsor as set forth in these Rules. Sponsor will send you a confirmation notice once Sponsor has processed your change request.
7. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. On or about 12 May 2023, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing of all eligible entries to select one (1) potential winner from the Promotion. The potential winner will be notified by Sponsor via email on or about 17 May 2023. The prize notification from Sponsor will include instructions on how to claim a prize; failure to follow such instructions may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor is not liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner. No prize transfer, assignment, or substitution by the winner is permitted. The winner is solely responsible for any taxes, fees, duties, and surcharges on the prize. If, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential winner declines the prize, fails to claim the prize or ignores the prize notification, is unavailable for prize fulfillment, fails to abide by the Rules, or is ineligible, Sponsor may select an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. You, as a participant, agree to: (i) be bound by these Rules; and (ii) the transfer of your personal information and your entry to the United States, where Sponsor’s data processors are located.
8. PRIZES. Fifty (50) potential winners for the Promotion will receive the following:
- One (1) Amazon Gift Card with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of INR 250
The total ARV of all prizes potentially awarded for the Event is INR 12,500. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Event. Actual retail value may vary, and Sponsor will not award the difference between the ARV and actual value. Sponsor reserves the right to not seek an alternate potential prize winner in the event that the individual originally selected ignores the prize notification, is disqualified, or is unable to accept the prize, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions are allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prizes become unavailable. Prizes may not be sold, bartered, or exchanged by any winner. All details of any prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. By accepting a prize, the winner acknowledges compliance with these Rules. All tax liabilities arising from this Promotion are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Limit of one (1) prize per person/household. Actual prize may differ from promotional images.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Rules is available to be won in the Promotion. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize(s) by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
9. LICENSE. Except where prohibited by law, by participating in the Promotion and/or accepting a prize, you grant to Sponsor the right, without limitation, to use your name, city, state/province, country, likeness, photo, and/or entry submission for promotional, advertising, or other purposes in any media now known or hereinafter developed, including, but not limited to, Sponsor’s website(s) and/or social media account(s), worldwide, without additional compensation or notification. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may decline such use by notifying Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, MODIFY, CANCEL, OR SUSPEND. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, fulfillment, or proper conduct of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion and to select the winner(s) by conducting a random drawing from those eligible entries received up to the time of the termination/suspension. Sponsor may also disqualify or prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize in this or any other promotion conducted by Sponsor if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant has violated the Rules or has threatened or is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair or abusive practices (including the use of automated quick-entry programs), or is intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. RELEASE. Except where prohibited by law, by participating, entrants and winner(s) agree to release Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries, and agencies, and each of their respective employees, agents, and officers, as well as all others associated with the development and execution of this Promotion (the “Promotion Entities”), from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. The potential winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified by Sponsor in the notification. If documents are not timely returned, or if any notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Rules, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
12. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PROMOTION ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANT, BY PRINTING, TYPOGRAPHICAL, OR OTHER ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE PROMOTION; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE PROMOTION; (4) PRINTING, TYPOGRAPHICAL, TECHNICAL, COMPUTER, NETWORK, OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION, THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PRIZES, OR IN ANY PROMOTION-RELATED MATERIALS; (5) LATE, LOST, UNDELIVERABLE, DAMAGED, DELETED, OR STOLEN ENTRIES; OR (6) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. PROMOTION ENTITIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR MISDIRECTED OR UNDELIVERABLE ENTRIES, ANY TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, MALFUNCTIONS OF COMPUTER SYSTEMS, SERVERS, PROVIDERS, OR HARDWARE/SOFTWARE, LOST OR UNAVAILABLE NETWORK CONNECTIONS, FAILED, INCOMPLETE, GARBLED, OR DELAYED COMPUTER TRANSMISSION, OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, AND EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE PRIZE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
13. Dispute Resolution and Governing Law. ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS OR DEMANDS THAT RELATE TO THIS PROMOTION, THESE RULES, OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED WILL FIRST BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF THE OTHER PARTY AND WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF SUIT OR ACTION IN COURTS. THE RECEIVING PARTY SHALL HAVE SIXTY (60) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF SUCH NOTICE TO REMEDY THE DESCRIBED BREACH OR VIOLATION AND NOTIFY THE COMPLAINING PARTY IN WRITING OF THE RESOLUTION. IF THE DISPUTE, CLAIM OR DEMAND IS NOT RESOLVED TO THE SATISFACTION OF THE COMPLAINANT WITHIN SIXTY (60) DAYS, THE COMPLAINANT MAY REQUEST AN INFORMAL RESOLUTION CONFERENCE (MEDIATION), WHICH IF AGREED TO BY THE OTHER PARTY WILL BE SCHEDULED TO OCCUR WITHIN TWENTY ONE (21) DAYS OF THE WRITTEN RESPONSE. EACH PARTY SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE REPRESENTED AT SUCH A CONFERENCE BY COUNSEL AND WILL ENSURE THAT A DECISION-MAKER WITH FULL AND COMPLETE AUTHORITY TO RESOLVE THE DISPUTE ATTENDS THE CONFERENCE. SUCH CONFERENCE WILL BE IN FRONT OF A THIRD PARTY MEDIATOR CHOSEN BY THE PARTIES. IF THE PARTIES DO NOT AGREE TO CONFERENCE OR ARE UNABLE TO RESOLVE A DISPUTE AFTER SUCH A CONFERENCE, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR ANY DISPUTE, CLAIM OR DEMAND RELATED IN ANY WAY TO THESE RULES, SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO ARBITRATION UNDER THE ARBITRATION AND CONCILIATION ACT, 1996, AS AMENDED, BY A SOLE ARBITRATOR APPOINTED BY THE SPONSOR. THE SEAT OF ARBITRATION SHALL BE GURGAON, INDIA. SUBJECT TO THIS ARBITRATION CLAUSE, THE COURTS AT GURGAON, INDIA, SHALL HAVE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OVER ANY DISPUTES OCCURRING BETWEEN THE PARTIES UNDER THESE RULES. EACH PARTY SHALL BEAR AND PAY ITS OWN COSTS AND EXPENSES IN CONNECTION WITH THE ARBITRATION PROCEEDINGS UNLESS THE ARBITRATOR DIRECTS OTHERWISE. ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS PROMOTION (IF APPLICABLE), BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED.
14. Governing Law. The Promotion and the rights and obligations of all entrants and entries shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India, without effect to its principles of conflicts of law.
16. SEVERABILITY. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
17. ORDER OF PRECEDENT. In the event of any conflict between the terms set forth in these Rules and the terms set forth in any promotional or advertising materials for the Promotion, the terms set forth in these Rules shall control.
18. WINNERS LIST. For a complete list of prize recipients, please contact Sponsor at email@example.com by no later than 12 August 2023.
© 2023, Graduate Management Admission Council. All rights reserved. NMAT by GMAC™, GMAC™, and GMAT™ are trademarks of the Graduate Management Admission Council in the United States and other countries.
Any third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third-party trademarks in these Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Promotion.
You are providing your information to Sponsor, and the information you provide will only be used in accordance with the Rules of this Promotion.