Business Fundamentals is designed to ensure your students have the fundamental quantitative knowledge to hit the ground running before they start your graduate business program. These courses help candidates quickly master core business topics before their graduate program begins.
As the makers of the GMAT™ exam, GMAC™ brings 50+ years of experience in being the most widely used assessment for graduate management admissions and the most reliable predictor of academic success in graduate business studies. With Business Fundamentals, Kaplan has added decades-long expertise in how people learn, joining GMAC™ to create this powerful program.
Authored and reviewed by faculty from a variety of business schools, each Business Fundamentals course – Statistics, Accounting, and Finance – empowers candidates to learn material that is both relevant in the classroom and for their future career.
Here’s what your candidates can expect from Business Fundamentals:
- Courses are taught by experts who can relate lessons to real world business scenarios.
- Master business concepts based on their learning style. Using effective learning science, these courses offer a variety of ways to learn the content through: videos, short quizzes, exercises, full explanations for why an answer is wrong, etc.
- Learn when it’s convenient for them. With “bite-size” content accessible 24/7, candidates have flexibility to learn at their own pace.
- Easily monitor their own progress. It’s easy to see how much time candidates will need to complete a current lesson or time needed to complete the whole course.
Learn more about how Business Fundamentals can benefit your candidates:
See how these courses can help your candidates be prepared for business school before their classroom sessions begin.
- Learn how to analyze, summarize, leverage spreadsheets
- Practice displaying data to guide business decisions
- Explore Probability Theory and the Normal Distribution Model
- Become acquainted with balance sheets and cashflow statements
- Understand the framework for describing and assessing a business’ finances
- Learn to differentiate assets, liabilities, and equity
- Build knowledge of accounting theory, processes, and practices
- Gain an understanding of how businesses raise capital, manage debt, and build equity
- Become familiar with financial analysis procedures
- Get an overview of managerial finance in the corporate world
If you are interested in emailing your candidates on how they can have a successful start to your school’s graduate business program, here’s sample email text below to consider:
Dear [candidate name]:
If you’re interested in mastering core business concepts before your classroom sessions begin, we recommend GMAC™ Business Fundamentals Powered by Kaplan. Authored and reviewed by faculty from a variety of business schools, each Business Fundamentals course empowers candidates to learn material that is both relevant in the classroom and for their future career. The Statistics course and Accounting course are ready now for purchase at your convenience.