The Executive Assessment is owned by the Graduate Management Admission Council (“GMAC”) and provides a specialized and relevant evaluation for candidates interested in applying for Executive MBA programs. This short assessment was specially designed in partnership with leading business schools from around the world and provides candidates and schools with insights into their level of readiness for Executive MBA programs. We deliver the Executive Assessment through a test delivery provider: Pearson VUE.
The Executive Assessment measures business skills and program readiness through higher-order reasoning, such as reading comprehension, critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving. Candidates will use basic English-language and math to demonstrate their ability to reason in three (3) 30-minute sections:
- Integrated Reasoning (12 questions)
- Verbal (14 questions)
- Quantitative (14 questions)
The Executive Assessment does not include scheduled breaks. If you take an unscheduled break at any time, the assessment timer will not be stopped. If you are taking any break, you MUST receive permission from the test administrator prior to accessing personal items that have been stored (with the exception of comfort aids, medication, and food, which you may access without permission). Personal items that cannot be accessed during any break include (but are not limited to) mobile phones, music devices, test notes, and study guides.
You are not allowed to leave the building during a break.
A calculator will be available for use during the Integrated Reasoning section only. Calculators are not allowed during the Quantitative section. Instead, note boards and markers will be provided to work out calculations during the Quantitative section. You may not remove the note boards from the testing room or begin writing on your note board until your test has been started.
To ensure a high level of security throughout the assessment experience, you will be monitored at all times. Both audio and video will be recorded.
If you are testing in the United States, the test will be delivered to you at a test center operated by Pearson VUE. If you are testing outside of the United States, the test will be delivered to you at a test center operated by Pearson VUE. Pearson VUE will be referred to herein as a “Test Delivery Provider.” During the assessment registration process, you will be routed to the appropriate Test Delivery Provider based on the location where you select to test
If you are testing at a Pearson VUE site, Pearson VUE’s Professional & Regulatory Candidate Rules Agreement will apply to you.
The Pearson VUE Professional & Regulatory Candidate Rules Agreement will be referred to herein generally as the “Test Delivery Provider Rules.”
At the test center, you will be provided with a copy of the applicable Test Delivery Provider Rules. You will be asked to digitally sign an acknowledgement that you have read, understand, and agree to the Test Delivery Provider Rules. If you refuse to sign the acknowledgement, you will not be permitted to commence the Executive Assessment and your assessment fee will not be refunded.
At your testing workstation, before your Executive Assessment can commence, the General Terms and Non-Disclosure Agreement will be displayed (as shown below). You will need to confirm your agreement by clicking the “I agree” button. If you click the “I disagree” button, you may not proceed to take the assessment, you must leave the testing center, and your assessment fee will not be refunded.
The General Terms and Non-Disclosure Agreement includes a statement that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the following documents:
Please review these agreements, rules, policies, and procedures prior to arriving at the test center.
- General Terms and Non-Disclosure Agreement (below);
- Specific Test Delivery Provider Rules (as identified above);
- Executive Assessment Policies and Procedures (this entire document); and
- GMAC’s Privacy Statement (linked below).
II. Your Results
Your results will be available through your Executive Assessment Candidate Dashboard 24 hours after you have completed the assessment. The program recipients you selected will receive your results within one week.
III. General Terms and Non-Disclosure Agreement
You will be prompted to agree to the following General Terms and Non-Disclosure Agreement at your testing workstation prior to commencing the assessment. In order to test, you must agree to comply with and be bound by this Agreement.
I certify that I am the person whose name and address appear on the application check-in screen and that I am at least 18 years old. I also certify that I am taking the Executive Assessment only for a valid educational, employment, or legal purpose.
I have read, understand and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions made available to me at the time I registered for the Executive Assessment:
- The General Terms and Non-Disclosure Agreement (this section of this document);
- Test Delivery Provider Rules (shown to me when I check in with the test administrator);
- The Executive Assessment Policies and Procedures (this entire document); and
- The GMAC Privacy Statement.
I acknowledge that the terms and conditions include provisions that address:
- Assessment fees, retake and other assessment policies, and results cancellations for irregularities and inappropriate examinee conduct;
- Ownership of the Executive Assessment and all assessment-related records by the Graduate Management Admission Council ("GMAC");
- The GMAC Privacy Statement, including GMAC privacy policies describing: the collection, processing, use, and transmission of my personal information (including test responses, the digital photograph, signature, and audio and video recording collected at the test center); the disclosure of such data to GMAC, its service providers, any recipient I select to receive my results, and others as necessary to prevent fraud or other unlawful activity or as required by law; and my rights with regard to my personal information; and
- The exclusive remedies available to me in the event of an error in the administration of the assessment.
I understand that the Executive Assessment is a confidential and secure assessment, protected by civil and criminal laws of the United States and elsewhere.
I certify that I have not knowingly accessed “live” Executive Assessment questions or answers that might appear on my assessment and will not discuss the content of the assessment with anyone.
I will not record, copy, or disclose any assessment question or answer, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means before, during, or after I take the Executive Assessment (orally, in writing, on any internet “chat room,” via SMS/text, or otherwise).
I understand and agree that if I provide false information or if I violate any of the Executive Assessment rules or procedures, or any other applicable terms or conditions:
- The test administrator may immediately dismiss me from the assessment session;
- My results may be canceled, without a refund, and a school receiving my results may be informed of the reason for the cancellation;
- I may be banned from retaking the Executive Assessment; and
- I may be subject to other consequences, as GMAC or Pearson VUE deems appropriate.
Candidate Statement: By agreeing below, I agree to these General Terms and Non-Disclosure Agreement and consent to the collection, processing, use, and transmission of my personal information (including assessment responses, digital photograph, signature, and audio and video recording collected at the test center) to GMAC, Pearson VUE, their service providers, any organization I select to receive my results, and others as necessary to prevent fraud or other unlawful activity or as required by law. I understand that the recipients of my personal information may be outside of the country in which I am testing, and such countries may not provide the same level of data protection that my home country provides.
[ ] Agree
[ ] Disagree
IV. Test Center: Test Delivery Provider Rules
At the test center prior to taking the assessment, you will be presented with the applicable Test Delivery Provider Rules. In order to test, you must agree to comply with and be bound by the applicable Test Delivery Provider Rules.
V. Scheduling and Cancellation Policies and Procedures
We want this process to be easy for you. Follow these five steps to register for and schedule your Executive Assessment.
Step 1: Understand the Scheduling Policy:
The minimum requirements for scheduling the assessment:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You may take the assessment no more than two times.
- You must sit for the assessment before you register to retake the assessment.
If you are applying for test accommodations for a disability, you must follow the procedures outlined on Our Commitment to Candidates with Disabilities page.
Step 2: Create a GMAC Account and Select Your Desired Program(s):
Create an Executive Assessment account, after which you will be authorized to schedule an appointment to take the Executive Assessment.
Make sure you have entered your first and last name, date of birth, country of citizenship, and gender EXACTLY as they appear on the identification you will present at the test center.
Select the program(s) that you wish to receive your assessment results. You may remove or add selected programs until your assessment commences. After you complete the assessment, you can add programs to receive your results, but you cannot de-select a program. If you register to re-take the assessment, you may select or de-select programs with respect to the results of the re-taken assessment, at any time prior to the commencement of that assessment. Your program selection for a re-taken assessment will not affect the recipients of your results from your previous assessment.
If you select a program at an institution that has more than one program accepting Executive Assessment results, then all participating programs in that institution will have access to your results.
Step 3: Schedule and Pay for Your Assessment:
After creating your account, you are directed to select the location where you would like to test, and you will be routed to the appropriate Test Delivery Provider to schedule an appointment. You are then directed to select the test center location, date, and time for your assessment.
If you need to request a testing accommodation, you can do so by following the steps found our accommodations page.
You will be required to accept the Executive Assessment Policies and Procedures prior to scheduling your assessment.
The fee for the Executive Assessment is US$350 (plus any applicable taxes).
You are responsible for the payment of any applicable taxes.
Acceptable forms of payment are the following credit and debit cards*:
- American Express
*In India some banks will not allow debit cards to be used on the internet unless the merchant participates in Verified by Visa or MasterCard Secure Code. This requires that the customer enter a pin number. We do not participate in this program. Please contact your bank for assistance. Some banks may be willing to issue their customers a special onetime use card or lift the pin restriction so you can use it on our website.
- Charges on your credit card statement will most likely appear as: “GMAC Assessments.”
- If your credit or debit card is declined, your appointment will be automatically cancelled, and you are responsible for scheduling another assessment appointment with a valid payment.
- If you use a stolen or fraudulent credit or debit card, your registration will be cancelled, any of your previous results may be cancelled, and GMAC may notify both schools and law enforcement authorities.
- If you wrongfully challenge or dispute the fee with your credit card company, you may be banned from taking further exams.
Step 4: Review Your Confirmation Email:
Ensure that your first and last name listed on the confirmation email EXACTLY matches the form of identification you will present at the test center.
Confirm that the Executive Assessment date and location are correct.
If your test center name includes “DoD” or “Military,” make sure you have proper identification. If you will not have proper identification by your assessment date, reschedule your assessment immediately.
Step 5: Review Your Profile:
72 hours prior to your appointment day, view your profile by signing in to make sure your first and last name, date of birth, and country of citizenship on your identification EXACTLY match the information you provided when you registered.
VI. Rescheduling and Cancellations
Cancellations, refunds, and rescheduling fees apply, depending on when you request the change and applicable laws.
- You may reschedule your appointment without fees up to 48 hours before your scheduled appointment time. You can also reschedule your appointment 24-48 hours before your appointment time for a late reschedule fee of US$75. To reschedule, visit the My Appointments page of your Executive Assessment dashboard or by calling the Customer Service line of your Test Delivery Provider. If you elect to reschedule by phone via Pearson VUE, you will be charged an additional service fee of US$10.
- Appointments cannot be rescheduled within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment.
- If you have accommodations with your scheduled appointment, refer to your approval letter for the appropriate number to call.
- Should you need to reschedule your appointment to a location that serves a different Test Delivery Provider, please contact GMAC Customer Care for assistance.
Failure to Appear
- Partial Refund: You can cancel your appointment up to 24 hours before your scheduled appointment time by visiting the My Appointments page of your Executive Assessment dashboard or by calling the Customer Service line of your Test Delivery Provider. You will be refunded US$250 for cancelled appointments (US$100 of the assessment fee is non-refundable). If you elect to cancel by phone via Pearson VUE, you will be charged an additional service fee of US$10.
- No Refund: Within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment time, the assessment cannot be cancelled, and your assessment fee becomes non-refundable.
- If you are scheduled with accommodations, refer to your approval letter for cancellations.
- You will forfeit your assessment fee if you fail to appear for the assessment or arrive more than 15 minutes after your appointment time.
Retaking the Executive Assessment
- If you would like to retake the Executive Assessment, please return to your account on the Executive Assessment website to schedule and pay for your retake.
VII. Test Center Check-in Procedure
- Arrive Early. Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time. If you arrive more than 15 minutes after your appointment time, you will be refused admission and your fees will not be refunded.
- Check-In. Present identification in compliance with the following Identification (ID) Requirements. Your ID must:
- Be current (not expired)
- Be valid
- Be issued from the government of your country of citizenship
- Be the originally issued ID (no photocopies)
- Exactly match the first and last name, full birth date, and country of citizenship you used when you scheduled your assessment
- Contain a recent, recognizable photo of you and your signature (including embedded)
Acceptable forms of ID:
Testing Within Your Country of Citizenship
Testing Outside Your Country of Citizenship
International Travel Passport
Military ID (including spouse & dependent)
Identification card (nation/state/province
Government-issued Local Language ID
(not in Roman Characters)
Permanent Resident Card
(only allowed if you residency is in
Australia, Canada, France, Morocco,
New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom,
or United States)
United States issued Driver’s License or State
identification card (only allowed for testing at
PSI-operated test centers)
Additional Allowances and Restrictions:
- Expired forms of ID are not acceptable, unless accompanied by valid renewal papers. Renewal papers do not make an expired International Travel Passport valid.
- Military Center: Candidates testing at a military center MUST present their military ID.
- Required to present a passport (regardless of Country of Citizenship) if you are testing within:
- Hong Kong
- South Korea
- China: A passport or Chinese National ID Card is acceptable.
- Canada: Health cards are NOT acceptable.
- Cuba: If the ID you are presenting is from Cuba, you must present a government issued document showing primary residence in a non-sanctioned country.
- European Union: Candidates testing within the EU zone, may also provide a valid, unexpired EU card.
- Schengen Zone: Candidates testing within the Schengen zone, may provide one of the ID types listed in the Testing inside your country of citizenship section above.
- Candidate exceptions to the ID policy must be pre-approved by the Pearson VUE customer service center, depending on which is your Test Delivery Provider, at least three business days before the scheduled exam appointment.
The test center staff may take a photograph of your government-issued ID.
3. Review the Rules. Review the Test Delivery Provider Rules. Policy violations may result in cancelled results, notification to schools, forfeiture of assessment fees, and/or bans on future testing.
4. Verify Your Identity and Agree to the Rules. You will:
- Provide your digital signature stating you understand and agree to the Test Delivery Provider Rules; and
- Sit for a photograph
VIII. GMAC's Privacy Statement
At GMAC, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Our Privacy Statement outlines the personal information we collect from you, how we use it, how we protect it, and the choices you have for providing your information to us. This statement applies to all personal information that we collect from you as described in more detail in the Privacy Statement.
We want you to know:
- Personal Information we collect and how we use it
- What laws are applicable
- Where to view and get the full GMAC Privacy Statement
The Executive Assessment Policies and Procedures include GMAC’s Privacy Statement, found at gmac.com/privacy. You are required to agree to the full GMAC Privacy Statement found on gmac.com/privacy when you register for the assessment, and again at your testing workstation prior to commencing the assessment. Please review the entire Privacy Statement before you register to take the assessment.
Ultimately, all data we receive are sent to the US and subject to US law. All US legal proceedings involving our privacy policies must be filed in a court of suitable jurisdiction in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Depending on the schools you select or other products and services you request, your data may leave the US and will be subject to the recipients’ local privacy laws, which may be different than those in your home country.
IX. Assessment Ownership and Test Security
GMAC owns the Executive Assessment questions, answers, and all assessment-related records, including those created during the performance of the assessment. You must not record, copy, photograph, or otherwise attempt to duplicate in any way whatsoever any questions or answers that are on the Executive Assessment.
After the assessment, you must not share, publish, or otherwise disclose any assessment question or answer, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means (orally, in writing, on any internet “chat room,” via SMS/text, or otherwise).
X. Policy Violations
Policy violations may result in cancelled results, notification to schools, forfeiture of assessment fees, and/or bans on future testing. Some examples of policy violations are described below. This list is not exhaustive.
Examples of Policy Violations
- Accessing or using a mobile phone or music device after you check in, in the testing room, or during a break
- Accessing study guides after you check-in
- Storing items anywhere other than in your locker
- Taking any unauthorized item into the testing room; prohibited items include a watch, calculator, coat, bag, book, food, and drink
- Disturbing others
- Falsifying assessment results
- Taking the assessment for someone other than yourself
- Sharing assessment content
- Providing fraudulent payment or cancelling payments
XI. Beware of Cancelled Results
We can report your results ONLY if you follow all the assessment policies and procedures.
GMAC and your Test Delivery Provider reserve the right to take all action that they deem appropriate if an individual fails to comply with the assessment policies and procedures or the test administrator’s directions.
Note that in some instances, we may cancel your results, and notify a school of the cancellation, even if we cannot confirm your direct involvement in the violation. This includes any incident or pattern that causes us to question the validity of your results, such as:
- Possible exposure (purposeful or accidental) you may have had to assessment content
- Unusual answer patterns
- Unusual score changes
- Inconsistent performance on different parts of the assessment
We also reserve the right to cancel or withhold any assessment results when, in our judgment, there is a good faith basis to question the validity of a score for any reason. On or after test day, we may withhold or cancel your results, even without prior notice.
When results are cancelled by GMAC due to irregular events that affect the administration of an assessment, you may be offered the option either to retest at no additional fee or to receive a refund of your exam fee (unless GMAC determines you have caused or been involved in the conduct that resulted in the corrective action). If a retest is offered and you select that option, you must retake the entire assessment in order to produce a valid result. These are the exclusive remedies available to test takers whose results are canceled for test administration issues. You will have 15 days from the date of notification to schedule a free retest or request a refund, if either is offered. The free retest can initially be scheduled out as far as 6 months from the date of notification. If you decide to reschedule the assessment for a different date than the retest date you initially selected or for further out than the 6-month period from the date of notification, you will be responsible for paying the full assessment fee.
Limitation of Liability: In no event will Pearson VUE nor the Graduate Management Admission Council be held responsible for travel expenses, lost wages on the day of the assessment, or any other expenses incurred beyond the cost of the assessment.
XII. Report Inappropriate Behavior
Fair testing is as important to us as it is to you. If you notice anyone violating assessment rules or suspect someone of cheating, you should report it. Report your concerns to the test center administrator on assessment day or contact GMAC Customer Care after you leave the center. We will treat your report confidentially, and your name will not be revealed to the person(s) you are reporting.
XIII. Submit a Concern About Your Experience
If you experienced a disruption on assessment day and believe it affected your performance, report the incident by email, fax, or mail to GMAC Customer Care within 30 days of your assessment date. Include “Attention: Executive Assessment Complaints” in your communication. We will research your concern as quickly as possible and provide you with a response.
The following are actions we may take at our discretion. They are the only available remedies:
- If we confirm a problem with your registration, your testing experience, or within the assessment you received, we will make reasonable efforts to correct the problem.
- If we cannot correct the error, you may reschedule your assessment at no additional cost or request a refund.
XIV. Appeal a Decision We Have Made
If you believe we should review a decision we made about your assessment, you may appeal to GMAC Customer Care within 30 days from the date of our decision. Under certain circumstances, we may shorten or extend the 30 days.
IMPORTANT: Results are cancelled if there is a good-faith reason to question their validity. Your appeal must provide information that resolves these issues.
Please send your appeal in writing by email, mail, or fax to GMAC Customer Service.
GMAC Customer Care: firstname.lastname@example.org
Toll-Free: +1 (866) 505-6559 (toll-free within the US and Canada only)
Phone: +1 (703) 668-9605
Fax: +1 (703) 668-6901
Graduate Management Admission Council
P.O. Box 2969
Reston, VA 20195