Increase Your Engagement: Use Social Media to Expand Your Reach
More than ever, your prospective graduate business students are using social media to learn about graduate management education, schools, and the GMAT® exam.
Prospects are engaging in forums, reading blogs, and gaining insights from their peers through Facebook and Twitter. Your colleagues are using it to promote and differentiate their programs, connect prospective students, and discuss their challenges and success stories.
To complement your program’s social media channels, GMAC offers a number of opportunities for you to increase your engagement – with prospective students and your peers. Our prospective student-facing social media channels reach a global audience of more than 230,000. Meanwhile, our LinkedIn School Professionals Group, news feeds, and school professional blogs let you connect with colleagues and receive timely information to help drive your success.
Reach and Influence Prospective Students
Opportunities for schools to reach prospective candidates that visit mba.com include:
- Ask the School Experts blog: Share your expertise on a variety of topics through our widely read student-facing blog, featured on mba.com.
- Ask the School Expert Twitter chats: Participate in our monthly chats and engage directly with students from around the world via Twitter.
- Ask the School Experts Facebook Video Q & A: Answer top-of-mind questions from students from around the world via video. Time commitment ranges from one-to-two hours.
- Featured students and alumni blogs: Let your current students and alumni participate in video blogging or other opportunities to share their stories with prospective students.
- Official GMAT bloggers: Nominate your current graduate management students and alumni to serve as official video bloggers, featured on mba.com and through our widely viewed social media channels.
- Reach Chinese candidates: Profile your school on mba.com/China in Chinese language and participate in live webinars with Chinese candidates. Promote your recruitment events on the Official GMAT Weibo and We Chat, China’s largest social media networks.
Connect with Your Colleagues
Connecting with your graduate management peers on social media is a great way to get answers to top-of-mind questions, network, and join discussions on topics related to recruiting and the work you do every day. Networking opportunities from GMAC that worth exploring include:
- LinkedIn Group for School Professionals: Provides a forum for discussion in the graduate business and management community. Membership is limited to those in an admissions role at GMAT accepting universities.
- GMAC Updates on Twitter: Twitter is a great way to connect, share and network with GMAC and industry peers from around the globe. Follow us at @GMACUpdates to receive daily tweets with industry news, events, research and more.
- Google Plus: GMAC's Google+ Page provides you with the latest in GMAC research, publications and innovations.
- YouTube: Our GMACVideos YouTube Channel includes a library of topics to help you recruit and market to candidates, learn about our professional development opportunities, and hear from your peers.
- PD to Go blog: Our monthly column, that brings leadership and professional development information—book reviews, best practices, event highlights, insightful stories—directly to your inbox.
- Many Voices, Once Vision blog: Provides monthly diversity insights and best practices from admissions and diversity professionals from around the world.
- GMAC Giving Back blog: Learn about GMAC's philanthropic projects and get updates on the Management Education for Tomorrow (MET) Fund initiatives, including the i2i Challenge, TeamMBA, and the MERInstitute.
- New & Noteworthy RSS feed: Subscribe to receive notice of press releases, blog posts, webinar and conference announcements, and research releases.