Attend the Premier Meeting for Professionals in Graduate Management Education
Join over 600 admissions, marketing, and program direction professionals from graduate management education programs around the world for a unique opportunity to:
- Consider provocative keynote presentations on state-of-the-industry ideas and perspectives
- Learn from colleagues and experts as you take part in sessions that explore new trends, topics, and best practices
- Network with peers from across the globe
The GMAC Annual Conference occurs over a three-day period and includes a wide variety of concurrent sessions, networking opportunities, and speakers. Attendees can create their own schedule by choosing from a number of concurrent sessions, workshops, and networking events.
Concurrent Sessions and Symposia
Select from five concurrent sessions and several admissions symposia. Past topics have included:
- Recruiting quality students in a complex world
- Differentiating your organization through clear narrative
- Budgeting and planning recruiting activities
- Increasing domestic applications
Attendees have an opportunity network with colleagues during the welcome reception, lunches, visits to the Opportunity Zone, cocktails, and small group dinners.
Who Should Attend
Graduate management admission administrators of all levels are encouraged to attend. Past programming has been targeted to those in admissions, marketing, and MBA program management.
The GMAC Annual Conference is held annually in June.
Questions? Please email us via email@example.com.
Call For Proposals
Calling all business school professionals planning to attend the 2018 Annual Conference
GMAC is excited to launch the Call for Proposals for the 2018 Annual Conference!
The Annual Conference hosts over 600 professionals from business schools all over the world. Professionals attend the event from all functions and levels within graduate management education. Most attendees work in admissions, marketing, program management, student services, and career services. Some attendees will be new to the industry while others will have been in the industry for over 20 years.
The event is a unique opportunity for attendees to explore new ideas in business school strategy and operations in the areas of admissions and outreach, marketing, program management, student services and career services; solve current challenges through formal and informal networking opportunities; and learn from the world’s preeminent thought leaders in education and management. The objective of each session is to present innovative approaches to new or existing challenges so that session attendees can get inspiration and ideas for ways to approach similar situations at their home institutions.
This is your opportunity to shape the 2018 Annual Conference - the session content will ultimately reflect those areas in which you and other conference attendees will benefit from interactive, proactive, and deliberate conversation! Position yourself and your school as leaders in the graduate management education community by sharing your innovations, ideas and best practices.
We will accept proposals starting September 22, 2017, through December 1, 2017.
Steps to Submit Your Proposal
- Review the evaluation criteria (listed below) and the Conference Speaker Policies.
- Gather the session information and review proposal deadlines. Please be aware that you and/or any additional session speakers are responsible for the cost of your conference registration, travel and accommodation expenses related to the 2018 GMAC Annual Conference.
- Make note that, if your session is selected, you and/or any additional session speakers, need to register for the conference no later than March 30, 2018. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of your session for the 2018 GMAC Annual Conference.
- Complete the online Annual Conference Call for Proposal Form and submit it by December 1, 2017.
Submit Your Proposal
What Happens After You Submit Your Proposal?
- The Advisory Group Selection Subcommittee (comprised of members from the Annual Conference Advisory Group) will read submissions on a rolling basis.
- After the December 1, 2017 submission deadline, the Subcommittee will convene to evaluate all submissions received.
- You will be notified of the committee’s decision by January 15, 2018.
If your proposal is selected, please be prepared to meet the following deadlines:
- February 2, 2018 - two sentence description for the website.
- May 4, 2018 - full session description.
- May 4, 2018 - AV and room requirements.
Successful submissions will have the following criteria properly planned out in the proposal.
- Content aligns with the GMAC vision and mission and with the 2018 Speaker Policies.
- Content includes new ideas or approaches to existing and upcoming challenges that are relevant to the graduate business and management education audience.
- Proposal identifies session objectives and lessons that audience members will learn.
- Proposal identifies how and why content is applicable to others in the graduate business and management education community.
Any questions on the process or if you need more information regarding the GMAC Annual Conference participant profile, session structure and duration, audiovisual capabilities, please do not hesitate to contact Camila de Wit at firstname.lastname@example.org.