About the Conference
About the Conference
The GMAC European Conference is designed for school professionals in admissions, marketing, recruitment, international affairs, and program management. This is a global forum exploring issues of increasing importance within a growing European graduate management education landscape. Whatever your role you’ll come away with new ideas that you can put to work immediately.
Session topics under development include:
- Positioning multiple Masters
- Consultative sales in recruitment and admissions
- Smart marketing strategies to drive application volumes
- Innovating your yield strategy
- Creative ideas in recruitment and admissions to impact engagement
- Recruiting women
- Optimising recruitment events
In addition to deep-dive plenary and topic-focused concurrent sessions you’ll also enjoy networking time with industry colleagues over the two day conference. Also, for those who are newer to GMAC or simply need a bit of a refresher we’ll have an optional, free GMAC Toolkit workshop after the main event.
This year we are very excited to be hosted by Saïd Business School in the beautiful, historic city of Oxford where conference attendees will get to experience state of the art Executive Education facilities at the business school, dinner at one of the University of Oxford’s oldest colleges, Balliol College, and stay in a former prison cell!
- Early bird registration fee: £475 + 20% VAT
- Registration fee after 11th September: £570 + 20% VAT
The conference registration fee includes all scheduled meals and program materials.
Register (you will be
Payment can be made via credit card, wire transfer or cheque.
Early bird bookings – payment must be received within 30 days from the date of your invoice or by Friday, 11 September 2015, whichever is sooner. If payment is not received by this date your booking will increase to full price.
For registrations after 11 September 2015 payment must be received within 30 days from the date of your invoice or by Friday, 13 November 2015, whichever is sooner.
Cancellations must be confirmed in writing. If we receive notice of your withdrawal before 1 January 2016, a cancellation administrative fee of 200€ (+21% VAT) will be charged. We regret that refunds will not be granted after this date. However, in such cases substitutes are welcome at no extra cost, as long as GMAC and EFMD receive notification of the name, title and address of the substitute to check their suitability for the program.
In the unlikely event that the program is cancelled by the organisers, a full refund of the program fee will be paid back to the participating schools. Please do not book your travel and accommodation until you have received confirmation of your place on the program.
Refunds will be granted if written cancellation notice is received by email to email@example.com on or before Thursday, 22 October 2015. Refunds will not be granted after this date. Please allow six to eight weeks for a refund.
Registration substitution will be granted if: (1) written notice is received by firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Thursday, 22 October 2015 and/or (2) replacement registration contact information is submitted on or before Thursday, 22 October 2015.
Venue and Travel
Travel & Venue Information
The 2015 GMAC European Conference and dinner is kindly being hosted by Oxford Saïd Business School at the Business School and Balliol College. Hotel accommodation is at the Malmaison Oxford, which is located in a converted prison in a medieval castle – a hotel experience not to be missed!
Saïd Business School
Park End Street
Map of the venue location
Said Business school is located in Oxford city centre with excellent public transport links. The easiest way to get the School is by train as it is located directly adjacent to Oxford rail station. Alternatively, there are a number of efficient Park and Ride sites at strategic points around the city, offering delegates easy and environmentally friendly access to the city centre and the Park End Street venue.
Rooms at the Malaison Oxford are now fully booked. Please see below four alternative hotels, which are all within walking distance from the conference venue.
Macdonald Randolph Hotel
Tel: 01865 256400
0.5 miles from SAID (8 minute walk, 4 minutes taxi ride)
Vanbrugh House Hotel
20-24 St Michael’s Street
Tel: 01865 244622
0.6 miles from SAID (13 minute walk, 5 minute taxi ride)
The Old Bank Hotel
92-98 High Street
Tel: 01865 799599
0.7 miles from SAID (15 minute walk, 7 minutes taxi ride)
Old Parsonage Hotel
1-3 Banbury Road
Tel: 01865 310210
0.8 miles from SAID (17 minute walk, 12 minute taxi ride)
Getting to Oxford
- Oxford in 56 miles (90km) north-west of London, with excellent bus and rail services.
- For details of bus services from London to Oxford, visit the Oxford Tube website.
- For details of train services from London to Oxford please visit the First Great Western website.
Submit Your Conference Session Idea
Position you and your school as thought leaders in the graduate management education community by sharing your innovations, ideas, and best practices with your fellow attendees. Professionals attend the concurrent sessions expecting clear ideas, lessons, and success stories that they can implement at their schools. The objective of each concurrent session is to present innovative approaches to new or existing challenges so that session attendees can get inspiration and ideas for ways to approach similar situations.
We encourage you to get involved with the conference by submitting your concurrent session proposal. We will accept proposals submitted until August 1, 2015.
Steps to Submit Your Proposal
- Review the evaluation criteria (below) and the conference speaker policies.
- Gather the session information, review proposal deadlines, review your schedule and budget to confirm that you and all additional speakers are able to attend the conference between 22-24 November 2015 in Oxford, UK.
- Complete and submit the Concurrent Session Proposal Form by August 1, 2015.
What Happens After Your Proposal is Submitted?
- You will receive an email acknowledgement within two business days of submission.
- The Conference Proposal Committee will read submissions as received.
- After the submission deadline, the committee will convene to evaluate the submissions.
- You will be notified of the committee’s decision on or before August 20, 2015.
How is Your Proposal Evaluated?
Successful submissions will include the following criteria:
- Content is applicable to the GMAC vision and mission.
- Content includes new ideas or approaches to existing and upcoming challenges that are relevant to the graduate management education audience.
- Proposal clearly identifies session objectives and lessons that audience members will learn.
- Proposal identifies how and why content is applicable to others in this community.