More in this section
This page has been successfully e-mailed.
Know Before You Go
Whether this is your first GMAC conference or your 21st we want you to have your best conference experience!
Here are some attendee tips and resources to help you make the most of your GMAC Annual Conference experience and to hit the ground running in Washington, DC!
- Create your learning plan. Review the agenda to figure out what sessions you want to attend. What are you struggling with at work? Where do you think your next focus will be? Attend sessions on a topics near and dear to your heart.
- Divide and conquer. Are you traveling with colleagues? Review the agenda together to determine which of you is going to attend what session, so your team can share your conference learnings.
- Learn about the conference on the go. If you don’t have time to review materials while in the office, do it at the airport. Download and install the mobile conference app to get the latest conference updates, upload your conference photos, participate in the mobile app game, and more.
- Know where to go. Review the maps on the mobile app to become familiar with the layout of the hotel and meeting rooms.
- Be prepared. Bring your business cards, this conference is all about networking!
- Take notes. Bring a notepad or journal to record important information, this is a paperless conference so no program book will be distributed on site. All session materials (that we have approval to post) will be available following the conference in the agenda tab.
- What to wear. Dress is business casual but think "layers." Washington, DC is usually humid and hot in June, but the hotel climate is anyone’s guess so your best bet is to dress in layers during the conference and pack accordingly.
During the Conference:
- Are you new? Attend the First Time Conference Attendee Session on Wednesday, June 22 at 4 pm in Marquis 8 & 10 to meet a few new friendly faces!
- Stay informed and engaged. Use the mobile conference app to receive conference updates, reminders, and room changes.
- Arrive early. Get to sessions 5-10 minutes before start time, they are well-attended, so get there early, get a seat, and enjoy!
- Network, network, network. Networking isn't limited to the receptions, introduce yourself to your colleagues in sessions, during breaks, at meals, and at the Expo.
- Win cool stuff. Participate in the mobile app contest by posting status updates, liking a post or uploading a picture, and more! You could win one of three awesome prizes!
- Visit the expo. Stop by the Expo to hear from more than 30 companies specializing in tool and services that will help you with recruiting, marketing, candidate management, CRM, and more!
- Let us welcome you. Attend the Welcome Reception on Wednesday June 22 at 6:30 pm in Marquis 6 | Level 2 to reconnect with old colleagues, meet some new ones, and get yourself ready for the next two days.
- Get glam. Update your old profile photo by visiting the Headshot Lounge on Thursday, June 23 from 10 am - 6:30 pm in Marquis 11 | Level 2. You’ll receive an email of your selected photo the same day.
- Tweet. Use the conference hashtag #GMAC2016 to post your learnings, favorites, photos and more!
- Get a charge. Charging stations will be available in the Expo to recharge your favorite device.
- Have fun! Finally, and most importantly – make sure to have fun at the conference!
After the Conference:
- Give us your feedback. Take time to complete the on-line evaluation. We take it seriously and use the evaluation to guide and inform future events.
- Download conference presentations. You'll find them on the agenda on the right side of each session (that we have approval to post) after the conclusion of the conference. Check out the slides from the sessions you attended and from some of the ones you didn’t attend.
- Stay connected. Take a look at photos, tweets, contest winners, and more on our GMAC Annual Conference Connections page, which will be sent out post-conference.
- Share and post. Tell the members of the GMAC School Professionals Linked In Group what you learned, what you liked, or who you met!