Steps to Take Before You Begin Your Executive Assessment Online Appointment
Before you begin your Executive Assessment Online appointment, make sure you have prepared your test-taking environment to comply with the policies and procedures.
- Take the time to do a System Test prior to the assessment day to ensure you are able to take the assessment on your computer.
- During the check-in process, you will be asked to take photos of your work area, which will be checked by a proctor prior to assessment launch.
- Please ensure that your desktop is clean and that you are not within arm’s reach of books, notepads, sticky notes, papers, pens, pencils, etc.
- Additional monitors and computers must be unplugged and turned off. Items on the wall with writing on them, such as whiteboards, will be inspected.
- If you are planning on using a physical whiteboard during your appointment, ensure that your whiteboard meets the size requirements and is no larger that 12 inches x 20 inches (30 cm x 50 cm)
If your workspace does not pass a room scan, you will not be permitted to proceed with taking the assessment.
During the assessment, you may not access the following personal items: mobile phones, headphones or headsets (wired or bluetooth), handheld computers or other electronic devices, pagers, watches, wallets, purses, hats, bags, coats, books, notes, or any other materials not specifically approved. Also, you may not use assessment-specific materials or scratch paper. You are allowed 1 erasable whiteboard that is no larger than 12 inches x 20 inches (30 cm x 50 cm), 1 dry erase marker, and 1 eraser.
As you take your assessment, watches must be placed out of sight/reach during the assessment.
Whiteboard Usage During the Assessment
During your Executive Assessment Online you will have access to an online whiteboard to work through equations, use for scratch work, and take notes on. With the online whiteboard you will have almost an endless canvas to work on, so there is no need to erase your work as you move through your assessment. You also have the option of using a physical whiteboard during your assessment, which must be shown to the camera at the beginning of your assessment and at the end of your assessment.
Physical Whiteboard Requirements
Starting June 11, 2020, you will be allowed the option to use 1 erasable whiteboard that is no larger than 12 inches x 20 inches (30 cm x 50 cm), 1 dry erase marker, and 1 eraser during your assessment.
The following items are not allowed:
- Pen / Pencil
- Permanent Marker
- Tissues, Paper Towels, Napkins
- Whiteboard cleaning spray
- Paper in a clear slide
- Boogie Boards
- Writing Tablets
You can purchase a physical erasable whiteboard that meets the required specifications, an erasable marker, and an eraser from any online or in-person retailers accessible to you. Please be mindful of shipping times during this situation. Remember that you can always reschedule your appointment at no cost.
Highlights of the online whiteboard
Leverage the Pan tool to reveal a new part of the whiteboard to work on and drag back to reveal your previous thoughts or work. You can move the whiteboard around your screen as you work on your assessment to conveniently reference it simultaneously with the questions. The whiteboard will be with you throughout your assessment, you can open and close it with the whiteboard icon at the top of your screen.
With the online whiteboard, you can:
- Write out equations or text or use it for scratch work
- Enter text via the text box (you will not be able to copy/paste from the assessment questions into the whiteboard during the assessment)
- Draw shapes and lines
- Pan across the whiteboard, and zoom in and out, to use different areas to do your work on the same whiteboard screen
- Erase or clear to start something new – remember your work will be accessible in every section during your entire appointment
- Resize or move the whiteboard around your screen
Please practice using the online whiteboard before your Executive Assessment Online appointment by accessing it here.
Eating, Drinking and Breaks During the Assessment
Water in a clear glass is allowed during testing; however, eating, smoking, and chewing gum are prohibited.
If you leave your computer during your assessment at any time during the exam, the proctor will end your session and you will be unable to continue testing.
No phones. No devices. No altering settings on your workstation.
You are not permitted to move off camera during your assessment, so be sure to have a power cord plugged in if you are taking the assessment on a laptop.