Travel subsidy is a benefit of governance engagement.
As members, your Primary and Alternate Representatives are invited to attend GMAC conferences.
On an annual basis, GMAC Member School Representatives are eligible for two (2) round‐trip airfare tickets and registration to Annual Conference OR one (1) round‐trip airfare ticket and registration to Annual Conference and one (1) round‐trip airfare ticket and registration to the regional conference in the member school’s region for the Primary or Alternate Representative (Regional conference flexibility applies to the Asia Pacific Conference and the European Conference).
GMAC will pay for the following:
- Conference registration fee
- Travel to the conference city (after registration has been confirmed)
Representatives utilizing a travel benefit to a GMAC conference are required to book with GMAC's official travel provider, ATC Travel Management, via their Deem online booking tool. Please see the 2019 Conference Travel Policy for complete information on how to book travel.
NOTE: If your school mandates that travel is booked with your own travel agency, a reimbursement for travel may be submitted and will be processed after the conference. Notification of such exemption and obtaining a copy of an Expense Reimbursement Voucher may be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expenses that will NOT be reimbursed by GMAC:
- Hotel rooms
- Ground transportation to and from airports or train stations
- Automobile parking at airports or train stations
- Valet parking at the hotel (when self-parking is available)
- Meals (other than those provided by GMAC during the conference)
- Telephone calls, internet usage, incidentals, or other miscellaneous expenses
- Rental cars
- In-flight movies, Wi-Fi, snacks, and/or alcoholic beverages
- Penalties or fees that result from changes to air tickets
- Checked baggage fees
- Class of travel upgrade fees
- Any travel that deviates from home city to conference city
If you have any questions, please contact us by email at email@example.com.