The GMAC European Conference is designed for school professionals in admissions, marketing, recruitment, international affairs, and program management. This is a global forum exploring issues of increasing importance within a growing European graduate management education landscape. Whatever your role is, you will come away with new ideas that you can put to work immediately.
This year we will be exploring themes around globalization and student mobility, and how we must think originally and competitively in times of change.
In addition to deep-dive plenary and topic-focused concurrent sessions, you will also enjoy networking time with industry colleagues and peers.
This year we are very pleased to be hosting the conference in the exciting and vibrant city of London. Immersed in history and culture, London is a city with great imagination, ever evolving and embracing a multicultural identity that adds to its charm and prosperity.
To be held at London Business School’s tranquil campus near the beautiful Regent’s Park, you will spend an enjoyable few days learning and sharing ideas with peers and colleagues during the conference and at our evening social events in and around this amazing city.
- Pre-Conference Workshop: £150 + VAT
- Early bird registration fee: £600 + VAT
- Registration fee after 6th October: £700 + VAT
- GMAC Representative discounted registration fee: £550 + VAT
The conference registration fee includes all scheduled meals and program materials.
Registration will open soon.
Payment can be made via credit card, wire transfer or check. Payment must be received within 30 days from the date of your invoice or by Friday, 04 November 2016, whichever is sooner.
If you need to cancel your conference registration, please email email@example.com. Refunds will be granted if written cancellation notice is received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, 27 October 2017. Refunds will not be granted after this date. Please allow six to eight weeks for a refund.
Registration substitution will be granted if: (1) written notice is received by email@example.com on or before Friday, 27 October 2017 and/or (2) replacement registration contact information is submitted on or before Friday, 27 October 2017. Pre-Conference registration does not include registration to the full conference. Pre-Conference workshop description below.
Projection Modeling to Inform Admission and Scholarship Strategy
As a GME professional, you face unique challenges when it comes to enrollment management. You likely don’t have a team of data analysts on your staff and, with a rolling admissions cycle, you may begin making admission and scholarship decisions before you even know what your full applicant pool will look like. Not to mention the pressure to meet various (and often conflicting) enrollment targets — trying to balance things like class size, scholarship budget, and admissions metrics such as diversity and quality. In this interactive workshop, we will use modeling to work through an enrollment scenario. We will analyze goals, challenges, and opportunities that modeling can uncover; develop an admission and scholarship strategy based on real data; explore strategy alternatives; and identify ways this information can be presented to key stakeholders. Bring your computer or iPad to this session for a hands-on experience using real data (you will need Microsoft Excel to access the data).
- Analyze the inputs needed for projection modeling
- Determine how to use modeling to explore various admission and scholarship strategies at your institution
- Integrate modeling to make both high-level and day-to-day strategic enrollment decisions
Venue and Travel
The 2017 GMAC European Conference will be held at London Business School in the UK. Set in a listed building built by architect John Nash for the Prince Regent.
London Business School
26 Sussex Place
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Danubius Hotel Regents Park, only a 10-minute walk from the London Business School campus.
Danubius Hotel Regents Park
18 Lodge Road
St. John’s Wood
Submit Your Conference Session Idea
Position you and your school as thought leaders in the graduate management education community by sharing your innovations, ideas, and best practices with your fellow attendees. Professionals attend the concurrent sessions expecting clear ideas, lessons, and success stories that they can implement at their schools. The objective of each concurrent session is to present innovative approaches to new or existing challenges so that session attendees can get inspiration and ideas for ways to approach similar situations.
We encourage you to get involved with the conference by submitting your concurrent session proposal. We will accept proposals submitted until August 31, 2017.
Steps to Submit Your Proposal
- Review the evaluation criteria (below) and the conference speaker policies.
- Gather the session information, review proposal deadlines, review your schedule and budget to confirm that you and all additional speakers are able to attend the conference between 29 November – 1 December 2017 in London, UK.
- Complete and submit the Concurrent Session Proposal Form by August 31, 2017.
What Happens After Your Proposal is Submitted?
- You will receive an email acknowledgement within two business days of submission.
- The Conference Proposal Committee will read submissions as received.
- After the submission deadline, the committee will convene to evaluate the submissions.
- You will be notified of the committee’s decision on or before August 18, 2017.
How is Your Proposal Evaluated?
Successful submissions will include the following criteria:
- Content is applicable to the GMAC vision and mission.
- Content includes new ideas or approaches to existing and upcoming challenges that are relevant to the graduate management education audience.
- Proposal clearly identifies session objectives and lessons that audience members will learn.
- Proposal identifies how and why content is applicable to others in this community.