Application Trends Survey
Participants in 2013 collectively received nearly 334,000 applications.
Get the most from GMAC research by participating in our survey research program. Benefits include: early summary reports, robust interactive data tools, and unique benchmark opportunities.
Check the GMAC Research Calendar for upcoming dates.
Questions? Contact Us
More Full-Time MBA Programs See Application Gains.
A total of 683 programs are represented in the 2013 survey data from 328 graduate business schools and faculties worldwide. Insights contributed by admissions professionals from these programs provide an insider's vantage point for understanding current demand trends in graduate management education.
Our Latest Report
2013 Survey Report
Highlights From Our 2013 Report
- More full-time MBA programs worldwide saw gains in application volume for the incoming class of 2013–2014 compared with last year.
- East and Southeast Asia, Central and South Asia, and Latin America are the top global recruiting locations for all program types.
- A majority of Master in Management programs reported receiving more applications this year than last; yet, a greater share of accounting and finance master's programs reported receiving fewer applications than they have over the last five years. Finance master's programs remain the most competitive based on acceptance rates, however.
GMAC gathers data for this survey from June to July of each year. The study indicates application volume for the coming year, expected changes in program size, and details about applicant characteristics, including perceived applicant quality.
GMAC also produces a shorter Preliminary Application Trends study each February for an early indication of market health. Due to the preliminary nature of that data for programs that begin in the late summer, results from the Preliminary Application Trends Survey are distributed only to participants. Schools that participate look to the preliminary survey not only for early data on applications to classes starting late summer but also for end-of-cycle results for programs starting in January.
In 2013, participating schools receive the following:
- An exclusive Participant Report. This report includes the public survey report as well as an appendix of Statistical Data Briefs, which provide detailed analyses of application trends by program type, world region, and various demographic variables.
- Instant benchmark statistics. The free GMAC benchmark report tool gives participants the power to select and instantly generate benchmark reports for up to five peer groups of their choosing per program type submitted. See a demo now or read the FAQ.
See our About the Survey page for participation details and survey timelines, and click here to read about our survey methodology (pdf).
Top of page