Application Trends Survey
After 15 years, still the leading source on business school admission trends!
Thanks to all the business school professionals who participated in our 2014 Application Trends Survey. Our soon-to-be published report will represent a record number of programs! Survey participants gain access to Benchmark and Interactive Data Reports in early August. The public summary report will be released online in September.
Check the GMAC Research Calendar for upcoming dates.
Questions? Contact Us
More Programs Than Ever Featured in Upcoming 2014 Survey Report!
Stay tuned for our forthcoming 2014 Application Trends Survey Report. This year our findings will include data from 748 graduate management programs – the most ever reporting to this survey!
Survey participants receive access to benchmark and interactive data reports in early August. The public summary report will be available online in late September.
Thanks to all the business school professionals who helped us mark the 15th anniversary of the Application Trends Survey.
Highlights from Last Year's Survey Report
A total of 683 programs were represented in our 2013 Application Trends Survey, in which 328 graduate business schools and faculties worldwide participated. Last year's findings detailed application volume trends for a broad spectrum of graduate business programs across all world regions:
- More full-time MBA programs worldwide saw gains in application volume for the incoming class of 2013–2014 compared with last year.
- East and Southeast Asia, Central and South Asia, and Latin America are the top global recruiting locations for all program types.
- A majority of Master in Management programs reported receiving more applications this year than last; yet, a greater share of accounting and finance master's programs reported receiving fewer applications than they have over the last five years. Finance master's programs remain the most competitive based on acceptance rates, however.
Exclusive Benefits for Participants
In 2014, participating schools will receive exclusive access to the following online tools:
- Interactive Research Data Tool. A free online tool that lets survey respondents examine findings in greater depth and conduct customized data searches by numerous variables including program type & location, application volume trends, class size, regional trends, school outreach, financial aid, & more.
- Customized Benchmark Report Tool. This free online service gives participants the power to select and instantly generate benchmark reports for up to five peer groups of their choosing per program type submitted. Watch our interactive demo now or read the FAQ.
GMAC gathers data for this survey from June to July of each year. Survey results feature application volume for the coming year, expected changes in program size, and demographic characteristics about applicants — actionable data that business school admissions professionals can use in planning, marketing, and recruitment activities.
GMAC also produces a shorter Preliminary Application Trends study each February for an early indication of market health. Due to the preliminary nature of that data for programs that begin in the late summer, results from the Preliminary Application Trends Survey are distributed only to participants. Schools that participate look to the preliminary survey not only for early data on applications to classes starting late summer but also for end-of-cycle results for programs starting in January.
Top of page