Application Trends Survey
After 15 years, still the leading source on business school admissions trends!
Get An Early Look at 2015 Application Volume! Participate in our 2015 Preliminary Application Trends Survey, February 4th through February 25, 2015. All graduate business schools welcome to participate. If you don't see your survey invite by February 4th, contact GMAC Research at email@example.com for your survey link. Click here to learn more!
Watch the Video
"I can almost predict what's going to happen with our applications in the upcoming year."
Director of Recruitment
Our 2014 Survey Findings Feature More Programs Than Ever!
The 2014 Application Trends Survey Report features data from 748 programs at 314 business schools worldwide—the greatest number of programs ever reporting to this survey. Program diversity and an increasingly international applicant pool characterize the key market trends in this year’s report. GMAC conducted the survey from mid-June to mid-July 2014. Programs represented in the survey findings are located in 32 countries.
Our Latest Report
2014 Summary Report
- For the second consecutive year, a majority (65%) of full-time two-year MBA programs worldwide report increasing (61%) or stable (4%)
- Other MBA program formats, notably full-time one-year MBA programs and some professional MBA and specialized business master's programs are witnessing flat or declining application volumes.
- Foreign candidates account for a significant portion of the applicant pool for many MBA and master’s programs in 2014 and thus are driving changes in year-on-year application volume globally.
Exclusive Benefits for Participants
- Interactive Research Data Tool. A free online tool that lets survey respondents examine findings in greater depth and conduct customized data searches by numerous variables including program type and location, application volume trends, class size, regional trends, school outreach, financial aid, and more.
- Customized Benchmark Report Tool. This free online service gives participants the power to select and instantly generate benchmark reports for peer programs of their choosing. Watch our interactive demo now or read the FAQ.
GMAC gathers data for this survey from June to July of each year. Survey results feature application volume for the coming year, expected changes in program size, and demographic characteristics about applicants — actionable data that business school admissions professionals can use in planning, marketing, and recruitment activities. For more information, see our About This Survey web page, and download our Methodology description for more details on the survey design.
GMAC also produces a shorter Preliminary Application Trends study each February for an early indication of market health. Schools that participate look to the preliminary survey not only for early data on applications to classes starting late summer but also for end-of-cycle results for programs starting in January. Results from this survey are distributed only to participants.
Check the GMAC Research Calendar for upcoming dates.
Questions? Contact Us
Top of page