Application Trends Survey
After 15 years, still the leading source on business school admission trends!
There is still time to participate in our 2014 Application Trends Survey! The deadline has been extended to Friday, July 18th. Email us at GMACemail@example.com to request a link to access the survey. Your participation guarantees access to early summary reports, robust interactive data tools, and unique benchmark opportunities.
Check the GMAC Research Calendar for upcoming dates.
Questions? Contact Us
Deadline Extended to July 18 for the 2014 Application Trends Survey!
Contact Us Today to Participate
The deadline for participating in the 2014 GMAC Application Trends Survey has just been extended to Friday, July 18th. All admissions professionals at business schools and universities that offer graduate management programs are welcome to participate. Email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your survey link. Please be sure to include your name and institution name in your email.
The year 2014 marks the 15th anniversary of the Application Trends Survey. Be sure to join your business school peers around the globe by participating today in GMAC’s largest annual survey, the one study that provides you with THE ultimate insider’s vantage point for understanding current demand trends in graduate management education.
Highlights from Last Year's Survey Report
A total of 683 programs were represented in our 2013 survey, in which 328 graduate business schools and faculties worldwide participated. Last year's findings detailed application volume trends for a broad spectrum of graduate business programs across all world regions:
- More full-time MBA programs worldwide saw gains in application volume for the incoming class of 2013–2014 compared with last year.
- East and Southeast Asia, Central and South Asia, and Latin America are the top global recruiting locations for all program types.
- A majority of Master in Management programs reported receiving more applications this yearthan last; yet, a greater share of accounting and finance master's programs reported receiving fewer applications than they have over the last five years. Finance master's programs remain the most competitive based on acceptance rates, however.
Exclusive Benefits for Participants
In 2014, participating schools will receive exclusive access to the following online tools:
- Interactive Research Data Tool. A free online tool that lets users examine survey responses in greater depth and conduct customized data searches by numerous variables including program type and location, application volume trends, class size, regional trends, school outreach, student financial aid, and more.
- Customized Benchmark Report Tool. This free online service gives participants the power to select and instantly generate benchmark reports for up to five peer groups of their choosing per program type submitted. Watch our interactive demo now or read the FAQ.
GMAC gathers data for this survey from June to July of each year. Survey results feature application volume for the coming year, expected changes in program size, and demographic characteristics about applicants—all actionable data that business school admissions professionals can use in planning, marketing, and recruitment activities.
GMAC also produces a shorter Preliminary Application Trends study each February for an early indication of market health. Due to the preliminary nature of that data for programs that begin in the late summer, results from the Preliminary Application Trends Survey are distributed only to participants. Schools that participate look to the preliminary survey not only for early data on applications to classes starting late summer but also for end-of-cycle results for programs starting in January.
Top of page