The Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®) is a non-profit organization of leading graduate management schools around the world.
Questions? Contact Us
We are committed to the work you do every day.
We at GMAC meet the needs of management schools and students like yours through a wide array of products, services, and programs. We serve as the leading source of research and information about quality graduate management education.
We are also the owner and administrator of the GMAT® exam. First administered in 1954, the GMAT exam is the premier standardized test specifically designed for graduate business and management programs. Available in approximately 110 countries, it is the most widely used assessment for graduate management admissions and the most reliable predictor of academic success in graduate business studies.
Our Vision, Mission & Values: Driving Everything We Do
GMAC will be the global leader in connecting talent and aspiration with opportunity.
GMAC believes that business and management are critical to the economic and social well-being of people worldwide. We provide information and insights to improve decision making about the discovery and evaluation of talent. At GMAC, we do this to contribute to the effective use of human, natural, and financial resources throughout the world.
Values & Commitments
- Integrity: Operating with honesty and fairness in all that we do. Integrity is the foundation of GMAC. Our success depends on the mutual respect and strength of our relationships, which are built on our commitment to act consistent with our values.
- Accountability: Standing accountable, individually and collectively, for the highest ethical behaviors and achieving outstanding results that are rightly expected of us by our community. We will ensure that we maintain an environment where ethical and lawful behavior is encouraged and embraced.
- Creativity: Acting innovatively. We believe success is a product of innovation. We have the courage to challenge the status quo and encourage the freedom to try new things in pursuit of excellence.
- Collaboration: Treating one another with respect and humility and using honest and open communication to achieve excellent results. Exceptional service is the consequence of collective efforts that unite diverse perspectives, talent, experience, and insights.
- Excellence: Striving to excel in all that we do. We are committed to delivering quality products and services and to developing and sustaining strong relationships in our GMAC community in pursuing our mission.
GMAC's Code of Ethical Behavior affirms our values, our mission and vision,
and affirms our commitments to each other and to our stakeholders.
Our members support our values and adhere to our membership policies. As an organization, we value and pursue strong, creative relationships with organizations whose missions reflect our commitment to excellence in graduate management education. We also benefit from our partnerships with leading higher education and technology organizations, including Pearson VUE, our global GMAT exam administrators, and ACT, Inc., our partner in developing the GMAT exam. These partnerships help us deliver unparalleled value to our graduate management community.
Top of page